Brainsnacks

Politics, Rock Music Gynaecology. Oh, and Sport. And Humour. Sorry, I also meant to say Science, Business & Religion. I'll probably add a few personal notes, experiences, observances, opinions and references to other interesting web locations too. Books, Theatre, Films, Technology, Food and Travel. Did I miss anything?

Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's not easy being a corporate


If, like me, you take the corporate dollar, and you see them from the inside, you may not have much sympathy for large American corporates. Of course, you may have even less sympathy if you don't work for one! Anyway, having seen an excellent colleague RIFfed recently, I've seen some of the downside, but there are always occasions when these monoliths show a "mouse of compassion" (I think that's the phrase Le Carré uses in 'The Russia House') and then I'm amazed, touched and impressed. So, I suppose 'mixed feelings' sums it up (and I'm not convinced anywhere else has better standards of behaviour).

Anyway, such personal feelings aside, you have to feel sorry for Bausch & Lomb, the people who make RayBan sunglasses and, as such, one of the cooler corporates around. They were also hip enough to snap up a chunk of the Berlin Wall (graffiti and all) as a talking point for the Food Court at their Rochester, N.Y. headquarters. Someone really had an eye for a piece of history. Unfortunately, not everyone around them shared this visionary nature and, using their initiative, someone made sure that the nasty, dirty piece of wall had been sandblasted nice and clean prior to shipping to its new owners! Good work, guys...

(Full story with picture at http://rocwiki.org/Berlin_Wall?action=highlight&value=berlin )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home